Saturday 13 March 2010

Here goes!

As the first few are boring and short I'm putting them up together.

18/01/10 Madrid

Due to my Fathers cautiousness at travel, due to his experience, and my willingness to let him be so he's happy, we left the house at 1pm today. In the taxi we made good time and got to Heathrow at 2:30pm. However, it is now I remember our flight doesn't board until 19:40! And of course you can't book in until 2 hours prior to then.

This was the first of my realisations of my Dad's travel insecurities; not my last that day either!

Our flight was delayed to 20:30 and when we got on it, it was practically empty.

At Madrid we had a shuttle service to the hotel but weren't told where to find it. I was happy to go with the first airport assistants advise but Dad had to ask 3 more people, who unsurprisingly all said the same thing! =O

Sleep for me, Guatemala awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment