Friday 26 March 2010

31/01/10 Funky Monkey

First off happy birthday yesterday to Georgie.

I know I've said it before but this place is lie heaven. I'm definately coming back and I want to bring you guys too. Em will hate the heat but I'll still drag you here. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to stay long so we'd always be the standing out pale tourists! At least with 6 weeks I have a chance of getting close to the locals.

On Friday's surf lesson we concentrated on turns. Afterwards our coach said to my Dad that I was like a robot, told to do something so I do it. I wish it was that easy in the free surf. I know I've only just started trying to correct 6 years of bad habits, but its still frustrating when it goes wrong.

I've caught a few awesome waves and made some text book turns on them, riding the reforms, but these are far between the mistakes.

Everyone else has improved loads. From my group, Sam really charges when he goes out despite riding a NSP! All the guys in the other group are consistantly standing up and people like Fankie and Dad are starting to turn.

On Friday we also had our first yoga lesson. It was very relaxing and some of the positions make you feel very grounded, completely rooted. This is lead by George's wife, Linar (George is our other surf coach.) she's swedish and very good looking. It seems that most of the guys have a crush on her. Its very funny.

Saturday evening we had a BBQ on the beach at Georges. It was so idylic (Again!). The stuff dreams are made of! The idea after this was to go to the Full Moon party further down the beach. Over here the night life doesn't start till midnight so as it was only 9 we had some waiting to do. Come 11, the vodka consumed, most of us were shattered. One 24 year old, one 21 year old, five 19 year olds and an 18 year old all beaten by a 40 year old, Jackie! She went and stated out all night.

One thing thats nice here is you don't go through clothes quickly. Most of the time you wear boardies, in anticipation of going in the sea. The rest of the time its shorts. When you do wear a t-shirt its not for long enough for it to need a wash.

My feet have taken quite a beating so far. They have a number of cuts from sand in the wax. And due to the chance of theft we have to wal to the beach barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment